Besides, since 1946 on there was the Oberstadtdirektor as the Chief Executive of the City Council. Marien Former Nicolai church (nowadays event room) Salzgitter Bismarck Tower Former town hall at the market place Tilly house farm house in Kniestedt (now care for old people and music school) "Beamtensiedlung" (from 1930, dwellings of the employees of the smelting works) pilgrimage church. The Coat of Arms stands for the agriculture, which is important for many villages of Salzgitter, on the one hand, and for the industry, which led to Salzgitter's foundation, on the other hand. The population of the City of Salzgitter has exceeded 100,000 inhabitants since its foundation in 1942 (which made it a city (. After 200 years of salt production at various springs, the peasants in the area which is nowadays Salzgitter were chartered around 1350, but lost municipal law again when being transferred to the Duchy of Brunswick-Lüneburg in the beginning of the 16th century. Now on display at the salder castle museum in Salzgitter-Salder, Lower Saxony, Germany Buildings edit In the quarter Salzgitter-Lebenstedt: City monument ( Turm der Arbeit - "Tower of work the city's emblem, constructed in 1995. There were three concentration camps located in Salzgitter. Culture and sights edit Libraries edit There are three public libraries in Salzgitter.
The main shopping street of the young city is in the borough of Lebenstedt, and the central business district is in the borough of Salzgitter-Bad. The Council elects one of its members to Mayor (German: Oberbürgermeister ) as leader and representative of the city. It is a green field with a white snaking way that narrows towards the horizon. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter. All Roman Catholic parishes of the city now pertain to that deanery. Therefore, it was decreed in the Order about the area settlement around the Hermann-Göring-Werke Salzgitter, effective from, to form a unified city district ( independent city ).
Fußballverein salzgitter lebenstedt